Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chilli

I just made the best chilli I have ever had. Oh, and my crepe recipe is to die for too! For the crepes I used 2 cups flour, 2 egg equivalent replacement (I use Ener-G), 1 c hemp milk, 1 tsp of vanilla, 1 tbsp of honey, and enough water to make it really thin but not to the point that its dripping just a thin stream of water, normally 1/2 c to 1 c of water.

For the chilli first I learned how to make bread like a baker and its an amazing feeling pulling one of these out of the oven. This site makes sense and makes amazing bread - http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/bread_making.htm Seriously its like bread making for inexperienced people who know nothing like me.

After making the bread bowls using the above link I used two bottles of Bionaturae Strained Tomato's (no bpa yay), 1 yellow onion, half bag of ham bean soup mix soaked over night, 1 tomato, half a yam, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 2 chilli peppers, 1/2 jalapeno pepper, and then put it on simmer for 2 hrs. It was amazing. I used no artificial. The only bottle was the tomatoes and the rest was just straight out of the produce isle. No organic ingredients from the produce isle exept for the green pepper, just good all grown in America veggies, and a couple Mexican peppers. :)

My tummy is happy and Elly loved making the bread with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment